Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 9- My first Bath!

I finally got my first bath! After the longest 48 hours of my life we got to go see him. After his bath we held him for about 3 hours! Well I got 2 hours and 55 minutes and Trevor got 5. Sorry Trev. He did really good at his first attempt at trying to eat. Not a pro but I was impressed. I hope today he does better. After he is fully eating by bottle or breast then 48 hours later we can go home. Sometimes it can take a few days or a few weeks. Patience is a virtue.
Look mom, all the cords and plugs are gone! (except the orange one in his noes is his feeding tube and will be there until he is a full time eater) in the nicu they call them feeder growers. We went from critical with Respiratory Distress Syndrome kid, to a feeder grower in a week. I really do believe in the power of the priesthood and the power of prayer.
Here's Trevs 5 minutes of fame for the day.
Austin has one totally awesome head of hair. Just about every nurse has said WOW! Not only is it a lot but it looks highlighted. It is totally awesome and we call him surfer dude! Thanks for all of your support and keep up the prayers that he will continue to eat and grow. Thanks, Christa

6 comments:

The Winwards said...

I love his hair! So freakin cute. Get eating good Austin, come home soon.

ASRussell said...

Christa! He is soooo cute! Love the hair! I hope everything is going well and that he is improving quickly!

crissy monet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crissy monet said...

Yay! for Austin...and you. He is gorgeous, he needed highlighted hair to match his mommy's! I hope he continues to learn to eat, those nose tubes are no fun at all! Glad to see he's doing so well.

Annamarie said...

He looks amazing! So tall how tall is he? Our prayers are with you that he will start eating soon. Love ya!

Justin and Tasha said...

YAY, Love the hair ! I think he looks like his daddy !!! Still praying he comes home very soon !