Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 12- I am figuring out this whole eating thing!

Today was better. I still had to be under the jaundice lights but I had 4 full feedings in a row. The hospital requires him to drink 1.5 oz of milk every 3 hours for 48 hours in order to go home. He eats well during the day but around 3AM he gets to tired to eat and has to get a tube feeding session wich restarts our 48 hour time slot all over again. Today the fire alarms got set off at the hospital and we were on lock down and got prepared to evacuate. Thank goodness it was just a broken pipe and everything was fine but the nurses got a little freaked out for a while.
I am so grateful for my friends and family. We have received many dinners, kind gifts, and most of all my mom, dad, and sisters family for watching Azlyn this week. I am heartbroken to leave her and miss her to death and it kills me to have to decide which kid to spend the day with. You have to be 14 years old to visit the NICU. I get her back tomorrow, I can't wait to hug her to pieces.

1 comment:

The Winwards said...

I don't know if I am ready to giver her back yet. It has been lots of fun with her.