Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 7 A little setback

People told us get ready for the highs and lows. I thought they meant with Austin not me. Saturday I had a few errands to run and I stopped by to see him in the morning. Later that afternoon Azlyn was running a fever. I took her into the instacare and she has strep throat. She got on antibiotics. The nicu says that we need to stay home for 48 hours before we can go visit him again. I miss him to pieces.
The pros: I get to spend time with azlyn, go to church, watch the pro bowl. We rented a movie last night and it was really the first time I got to relax. Azzie is feeling great now that she has been on medicine for a day.
Austin update
He is doing great! I call every few hours to check on him. Today is his last day on antiobiotics, he is tolerating his tube fed breastmilk, his jaundice is normal and should be off the lights, he is almost on room air. Our next hurdle is learning how to eat which we will start doing monday either bottle or breast. I'm playing it by ear. I just want him to come home. I hope he starts to wake up and be more active and has the desire to eat. Crossing my fingers and praying that all goes well the next few days.

2 comments:

Kristi the Book Lady said...

I'm so glad he's doing better. I read all your posts, and you're such a strong lady! We're all praying for you guys, and we hope he continues to get stronger. Give everyone our love!

Unknown said...

I hope your baby continues to get stronger and healthier!