Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 5- A fresh breathe of air

I learned how to breathe! The nurse called at 9am and said he was off the ventilator! I was shocked because last I had heard they were going to think about it today. But our little trooper did so well overnight the had too! I drove as fast as I could and was amazed. The best way to explain it was the last few days I was just praying he would be ok. Today I met and fell in love with my son. I see his personality, he moves, he breathes, he makes baby noises. He is normal. It's as if I went to heaven and was handed my son.
He still has a few little issues. His IV tube is down his umbilical cord which they are getting rid of today. He has a feeding tube and is responding well to breastmilk. Soon today or tomorrow we will be able to hold and feed him. Me and Trevor had a great date night. We went down and took infant CPR class, had dinner at the hospital cafeteria and tucked Austin in for the night. I have the best husband in the world, I love you babe! Also thanks for all of the hundreds of people bringing dinners, babysitting Azzie, and running my two older kids around. This is one busy schedule!

No comments: