Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 6- We got to hold him

One proud papa! We finally got to hold him!
Austin update
He is barely on any oxygen, he is on whats called a high flow nasal canula but only on a level 2. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to room air. His lungs are doing better and aren't really the hard part right now. He is just sick and they don't know why. My personal opinion was that when I was pregnant either the ICP or some infection in utero happened because he didn't move or kick much the last few days before he was born and I didn't feel good. My body said it was time to get him out and I'm not one to have pre-term labor. He is sleepy, when he gets poked and prodded by the nurses most babies cry, he doesn't seem to mind. He moves and wimpers, so they are looking for him to be more active. He is so sleepy he cant breastfeed, he has to be tube fed. Hopefully the next few days he will get better and well rested for the big task at hand-Breastfeeding. He also is a little jaundice and has to be under the lights. Also needs to hold his body temperature and then we can go home!

We also took advantage of the perks of the nicu. My dearest mom took me to maurices to get me some new clothes! I was so excited to try on cute jeans after 5 months of maternity clothes. Then we got to go out on the town to Rodizios for dinner! Not too many people get to go shopping and on a date 5 days after having a baby. Of course I would trade it all to be home.

1 comment:

The Winwards said...

You can do it Austin. Get better soon so your favorite Aunt Kali can hold you.