Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meeting David Osmond!

I had the opportunity to go to the David Osmond concert with my mom. He was awesome! It was at a small theater in Orem. It was a small venue and we got awesome seats. I actually took these pictures myself and promise I didn't steal them off google. He has such a great voice and I love his music.
After finding out I was diagnosed with a disease that causes stillbirth and pre-term labor, I cried and prayed, and cried and prayed. I thought if my baby was in the NICU and I wasn't able to see him, I wanted to have good music to listen too so it would keep me occupied. I also prayed for the strength to get through this challenge. I begged heavenly father to give me the chance to be his mother. I went to deseretbook.com and listened to a sample of his music. I miraculously stumbled upon the song The Loneliest Walk. It's about a mom having to leave her son in the NICU and how long and hard the walk is from her baby to her car. It then relates how Christ ultimately had a long walk and sacrificed everything for us. We are never alone in our trials. He is always there with us. It was an answer to my prayer and through this whole experience I have always felt that he was right by my side helping me along.

After the show I got to get his autograph and tell him thanks. The song came from a buddy that co-writes some of his music and his boy was in the NICU. It was such an awesome night that I will never forget.
Enjoy, but much better live!

2 comments:

brigette said...

How fun! Hes a great guy. Im glad you were able to meet him!

Jamie said...

I bet it was amazing to see this performed! chills...everytime....