Monday, December 24, 2012

The best Christmas present, ever!!!!!

I drew Kali's family for Christmas this year.  What can you get a family that is going through so much.  
 I happen to know a friend that was able to get me in contact with the Alpine Garrison Star Wars group 
and miraculously they set up a special visit for Tayton and his family.
 First Princess Leia went to his room and he was super excited.
They had quite the cute discussion and then he was able to go out and meet some of her friends.
Darth Vader explained that he too was a burn victim and the force was strong with you and your family.  
It was a very special moment for everyone that was there and it brought such joy, hope, and excitment to everyone.  I was so happy to be a part of it, and make it happen.
The star wars characters walked around the entire burn unit and cheered up many people including the staff.
It was a Christmas present I will always remember.
 Even Austin loved them.  Merry Christmas!
Yes, you can call me the best Aunt EVER!!!!!

No comments: