Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Christmas Wish

The past month has been tough.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions.  I have been sad and depressed.  I felt empty and guilty buying Christmas presents because the thing I wanted most you can't buy with money.  I cried when we put up the Christmas tree because I knew my sister wasn't putting up hers.  I cried because I know the pain that goes along with living at the hospital and watching your child struggle to live.  But today as I turned the corner and walked into that little small hospital room and heard a little small voice "Aunt Christa!  Did you see my picture that Paul Millsap gave me?"  My Christmas wish came true.  I have my little nephew back.  I saw the light and joy in his face. I witnessed a true Christmas miracle and will never forget it.  I have learned that family is truly a gift and the amazing thing is that we are forever a family.  My heart goes out to all of those families that have lost loved ones.  I am truly thankful for all that I have and realize what a blessing they are.  He still has a ways to go and we will still be praying for you, but what a fighter you are and what a blessing it is to have you in our lives.  We love you Tayton.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

YAY!! I'm so happy to read this post and to hear that your nephew is doing better! Prayers are answered, and you're exactly right....miracles happen! :)